Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

August 20, 2012

The Killer Bee Club: Bon Appetit!



Throughout my youth, every Saturday morning at 10:30 (immediately following This Old House) was Julia Child on PBS. While other children were watching Saturday morning cartoons, I was watching in awe as Julia made the perfect souffle, Beef Bourguinonne, and mayonnaise from scratch! She wielded that cleaver and her incredible sense of humor around that kitchen with authority and grace. She captured my imagination and made my taste buds curious for fare beyond that of my Mother's limited repertoire. There were no restaurants in Santa Maria that served food like Julia was preparing either, so if I was ever going try these magnificent and exotic sounding dishes, it would have to be of my own doing. Voila! A life long love affair with cooking and kitchen experimentation was born.

Though I've always been what people now coin a foodie, I didn't grow up having any particular culinary aspirations. Yet I did eventually have my own desert business which I called "The French Confection". The tag line? "Deserts that say oh la la!" And for a number of years I catered small cocktail parties. "Cocktails @ 6" was the name, noshes the game. In more recent years I've channeled my love for cooking and sharing into mostly stay at home affairs for my nearest and dearest. All of this good eating however, is the result of one lady's generosity and inspiration.

Julia Child was a master pollinator, and her honey a rare and delicious treat. I'm so grateful she shared it...Happy 100th Birthday Julia, Bon Appetit!






I'm catering a very special dinner party for 6 on Thursday night. This is my menu. I'm dedicating it to Julia.




No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!