Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

August 1, 2012

Clear Motives


Everything in due time....

Those of you who've been buzzing around here for more than a minute may remember that awhile back I was squawking about a new blog that I was planning to do. I decided that I wanted to take this blog in a slightly different direction (which I did), and launch a new blog that was to be about interior design only. The site was secured 2 years ago, but the blog never materialized....

At the end of August my design partners and I will be closing down our retail boutique for a short spell to regroup and re-brand. I've decided that when we re-open, I will finally bring forth the blog that never was- INTERIOR MOTIVES. Part of my hesitation heretofore has been the simple reality that there's only so much of me to go around! However, I think this could be a marvelous way to pollinate the shop and give my designer blood a much needed transfusion.

What can you expect from this new endeavor?
For starters, I'll be publishing articles on design and design trends by other industry professionals and writers as well. Again darlings, I am but one man! The new blog will have a very interactive relationship with the shop. Our new name by the way, will be RESIDENCE. We've been listening to your requests, and so we'll finally have an online store where you can view and purchase the lovely wares we sell. The most exciting part for me will be producing a new advice-style video series that will feature moi and a few of my other design buddies! You can expect sound and sane direction and ideas from us that "keep it real". Look for INTERIOR MOTIVES  to arrive on the scene in late September/early October...



Speaking of color and design.
Have you noticed how even though the country has been gripped by the worst drought in years, everything seems to be turning green? From Kelley to Gumby, these vibrant shades (Tints and tones too!) haven't seen the light of day in decades. Actually, I first spied it on a ladies trench coat in London this past April. As I sat in that charming East Dulwich eatery enjoying the perfect cafe au lait, I thought to myself  "Wouldn't it be great to see those now unusual hues make a roaring comeback?" Now they're everywhere, and if you ask me just in the nick of time. How absolutely refreshing and delicious.


No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!