Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

June 30, 2012

The R&R Report: MERC HAUS!





Remember when you were a kid, and that unmistakable dread would overcome you on Sunday evening if you hadn't done the homework that was due on Monday morning? Well I feel like a big, lousy slouch for letting the whole R&R Report thing slip away from regular importance. I may skip school tomorrow.

For the first couple of years at KBMTMDH , the R&R Report features were something I was rather passionate about. I suppose the problem is that Michael is passionate about too many things...Focus honey, focus!

Back to your regularly scheduled R&R Report.

Singer -Songwriter and Honorary Killer Bee Ron Morris and his husband of 10 years The Lovely Mr. Ken Jones Jr., have fashioned for themselves and their patrons the kind of retail experience that I adore and admire so. There are days when I walk into my own shop and think to myself  "I wanna blow this pop stand and go work for Ron and Ken in Easton!" If you're a regular at Milwaukee Design Collection, then you should know that I borrowed (OK, stole) the whole "Suddenly Special" idea from these guys. With kind permission from Ron, of course. And if  Mercantile Home and the fine folks of Easton, PA sound familiar to you my dear bleaders, it's because they've been mentioned here before...

There are those who work for others and those who work for themselves, and this is the natural order of things. When I was a kid growing up, I always knew I'd work for myself. It's how I'm wired. Have you ever had an entrepreneurial dream? I guess this particular R&R Report is so special because the Mercantile Home Story is one that truly inspires. Be sure to read it for yourselves...and BEE inspired!

I bow to those who dare to turn their dreams into reality and forge a living in doing so. And also, anyone who knows their way around a sewing machine! I can't even thread a needle. The uber-talented artisans behind everything you can see (and buy) at Mercantile Home are Killer Bees indeed. Be sure to visit their website - they ship those foxy, ingenious wares anywhere! Someone special just might be getting a Merc Haus Pet from me for Christmas... What? It's only 6 months away!


Since a picture tells a story far better than I, I will leave you with the  following clip (It's a portrait, really.) from the shop's fantastically entertaining video diary. You can spy all of the other episodes on their VIMEO page. I'm simultaneously writing my Dear Karen letter.


Remember Beezers,  keep on pollinating!

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!