Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

December 21, 2010

AND THE WINNER IS!



Ladies and Gentleman!
This year's Killer Christmas Cookie Contest winner is...Bryon Stewart of Chicago, Illinois! His delicious recipe for Chocolate Spice Drop Cookies is flush with both cocoa and spicy goodness, making him the recipient of this years Penzey's Spices $40 gift certificate!Congratulations Bryon, and thanks to everyone who shared their yummy recipes...we'll be enjoying them at my house Christmas Eve!

CHOCOLATE SPICE DROP COOKIES

2 cups sifted flour
1/4 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup ground pecans
1/4 cup natural, unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup milk

Sift flour into a large mixing bowl, and cut shorteneing in with a knife or pastry blender. Add spices, soda, powder, cocoa, and nuts, mixing well. Add milk gradualy, and mix thouroughly. Drop by teaspoons onto a cookie sheet greased, or lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely, then frost the centers.

FROSTING
2 cups powdwewd sugar
3/4 tablespoon shorteening
3 tablespoons evaporated milk
2 tablespoons warm water
1/4 teaspoon almond extract

*EDITOR'S NOTE: I had a package of finely chopped pecan pieces that I ground for this recipe. After I frosted them, I sprinkled the left over pieces over the cookies.It was a good idea!

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!