Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

August 29, 2010

DIGESTIVE AID


Yes it's true. Anyone can write a blog... but why do it?



I never intended to revolutionize the way people decorate, and I haven't. It wasn't part of the plan to persuade those cruising through cyberspace of my savvy wordsmithing skills, and I didn't. So then what's the point? When I think of this revolutionary new capacity to self-publish, I'm most likely to contemplate it's effect on the human experience. Any person with access to a computer and a phone connection, has the ability to share  their thoughts with everyone, anywhere, for the world to see! 

Making my notions or opinions public record, would of course insinuate that I believe they matter. That my ideas, dreams, and thoughts are worth sharing and have validity. I know one might be tempted to think that there has to be alot of ego attached to the intentions of someone who's willing to share on such a global scale, and certainly there can be. The Internet is littered with seeds of arrogance, ignorance, opinions,  and false information knowingly passed on as the truth.

Just like any other powertool, the Internet (when used properly) can be an indispensable thing to have on hand. When we all come together and share the human sides of our experiences, that pool of energy and information becomes transformative. The content needn't be Pulitzer Prize winning, only in someway nutritious.With snacks. Lots of snacks. If you've been coming round these parts for awhile, you know that I like to snack on many things- and I try to keep it healthy!

When I launched The Killer Bees Project 19 months ago, I very intently put together a group of individuals who have cupboards well-stocked with delicious treats,  and insisted that they join me here on this platform.  I instinctively knew that they would serve them up in a way that would be appetizing to others. We unanimously decided that even if in the end they didn't get read, it would be an amazing exercise in sharing, and ultimately a chance for personal growth- for all of us. It is my sincerest hope that the work all 4 of us are doing is indeed a contribution worth pollinating.

A friend recently told me that he was unsure about telling me that he had started his own blog. After I got over my initial shock I asked him why. He said "Because blogging is your thing." Huh? Seriously?

I assured him that I didn't feel threatened, and that I would be looking forward to him sharing his experience.

As well, I would like to encourage you to pollinate your own experience, and add to the collective honeypot. Rest assured your contribution can make this whole smorgasbord more delicious. And easier to digest.
Peace,
Michael Patrick

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!