Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

April 22, 2010

THE R&R REPORT: Palermo Villa


Palermo Villa Restaurant
2315 North Murray Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
414.278.7460
View the menu@ http://www.palermovillarestaurant.com/index.htm

How does any restaurant keep people coming back for 35 years?
Well first you need a good recipe. Most importantly you need the right ingredients, most of which you won't find in a pantry. They include: hard work, consistency, and a whole lotta TLC. Palermo Villa has the right ingredients....

 THE FOOD!
The freshest of everything, always. Pasta dishes to die for, sandwiches (do the sausage patty, just do it), salads ( don't ask for the Kathy Salad, its been retired ) and the pizza, dear God, the pizza.  This is a real deal hand-toss crust. Family recipe dough, homemade sauce, and hand spiced Italian sausage. So perfect in every way, it will ruin you for the others- trust me on this.

I worked at Palermo for 7 years, but compared to others, I was short term. The people who work for Kathy are usually in it for the long haul because they love her, and they love her because she treats them like family. The same goes for her loyal customer base. With a laugh that warm, and food that delicious, Kathleen Mirenda can make no enemies. When I decided to take the video camera on an R&R Report for the first time, going home to Palermo Villa was my very first thought.

I know I harp on you about this almost every time I do an R&R Report, but I'm going to say it once again- it is imperative that you shop and dine locally owned, as often as possible! In doing so, you will help ensure a healthier and more balanced community, and local economy...and you'll keep family owned restaurants like this Eastside gem around for future generations to enjoy.

When you stop in and see my family, tell them who sent ya.


No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!