Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

March 29, 2010

MIXINGBOWL.COM


Okay Foodies. I just joined the coolest website. It's powered by Better Homes & Gardens, and it's called mixingbowl.com. It's an online cooking magazine that invites you to share your recipes to a collective recipe box, and get to know each other while you're there. Basically, it's a party and everyone's invited.

Joe turned me onto the "print version" last weekend, and I found this amazing looking "FARMER'S CHEESECAKE" recipe, which will be perfect for taking to Kerry's for Easter Brunch. I'm kinda fussy about cheesecake. To me it should have a certain "tooth", and still taste something like cheese. Know what I mean? I think this one's going to be perfect. The Panama Pork Stew, Blackberry Balsamic Yogurt Dressing, and Andy's Fried Pickle Chicken all sound delish as well....


Mixingbowl.com member: GLORIFIED_ICING_SLINGER

Ingredients:

1 lb Ricotta Cheese
1 lb Mascarpone Cheese
8 oz Cream Cheese
10 Egg yolks
5 Eggs
2.5 cups of Sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
A pinch of Cardamon

Graham cracker crust, prepared to package instructions.

Directions:

Paddle all of the Cheeses together, scraping the side occasionally to insure full incorporation of cheeses.

Slowly add the eggs & yolks in little bit at a time. Stop half way through and scrape the sides of the bowl then continue adding the eggs.

Add in the Sugar, Cinnamon and Cardamon. Scrape the sides again and paddle a little move so its fully mixed.

Pour over the Crust of your choice and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 425 degrees, then lower oven to 350 degrees and bake 1 hour. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in there for an hour more.

Remove from the oven and allow to chill overnight in the fridge before de-paning.

To Slice a Cheesecake you'll want to do it with a bucket of hot water or just run your sink water hot so you can constantly clean off your knife with each cut.


http://www.mixingbowl.com/home/view.castle

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!