Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

January 6, 2010

WINTER WHITES

The power of WHITE was lost on me for many years. Even before I went back to school to become an interior designer, I eschewed it's subtle greatness as nothing more than boring and unimaginative. But I have seen the light! Or rather, the white...

I actually credit my dear friend and client Tiina [with 2 i's] Harris for forcing me to explore the depth of white, and all it's beauty. Probably as much as she credits me for the 3 times she's had to re-paint her bedroom...!

White projects serenity, cleanliness, and purity. Doctors don white coats, brides traditionally were white gowns and a white picket fence surrounds a safe and happy home.

How does the color white affect us mentally, physically and spiritually?
* aids mental clarity
* encourages us to clear clutter or obstacles
* evokes purification of thoughts or actions
* enables fresh beginnings

From a design standpoint, it's the greatest of the 3 neutrals in it's ability to make everything that gets palced against, or adjacent to it sing. As I look out the window today, I see a world blanketed with the most beautiful, sparkly white snow, and that red VW Beetle looks great out there! However I'm still painting my living room pink, but hey. That's me.

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!