Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

November 13, 2009

PICKY EATERS


You know how I love metaphors...

Allot of picky eaters have crossed my path recently. Picky eaters are typically people I have NO time for. I regard their distaste for certain flavors or textures as pure lack of gratitude for one life's most beautiful gifts: The Pleasure of Food.

However having had so many of them on my radar lately has given me chance to further ponder something my friend Jeffrey's mother Mary told him as a young man- "Never marry a picky eater, they're lousy in bed." Okay, so I'm paraphrasing. But you get the gist.

Think of all the glorious things in life that picky eaters miss out on. The complicated yet rich flavors, the hunger for discovery, the missed opportunities for adventure! OH the deprivation! These days I'm feeling more sympathy for picky eaters, than contempt. Poor schmoes, they're stuck in a prison of fear. Of what? Onions? Curry? Raisins? The famous line from Auntie Mame really says it perfectly: "Life is a banquet, and most poor souls are starving to death!"

For the record, let me make this perfectly clear.
I have never been one to pick at my food, and I thoroughly intend to clean my plate!

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!