Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

June 21, 2009

MARKET FRESH


Summer has finally arrived...
Few things say SUMMER to me like a stroll through a farmers market. There simply isn't a better opportunity than a farmers market to get the freshest, usually organic, produce. In addition to having herbs and vegetables harvested just hours before at your finger tips, you also get the chance to support local growers, food artisans, and craftspeople. I love win-wins!

As the season progresses you move from rhubarb, herbs, and lettuces to peas, corn, and berries, and then eventually onto the all the lovely squashes. An Amish pie? Heirloom tomatoes? Whether cooking is a passion for you or not, you still have to eat. Why not have THE BEST?

The Milwaukee area is peppered with wonderful farmers markets [see link at the bottom], and I just happen to have one 2 blocks from my house that's open from now until October 18th: SUNDAYS @ The Washington Park Senior Center 4420 West Vliet Street 11am - 3pm They also have some great local food vendors, and live entertainment...




This week our very own Cassandra McShepard lent her silky song stylings to the festive atmosphere and the rest of her Bees headed down to lend an ear and enjoy the cream of the crop!



For a list of Milwaukee area markets, follow this link: http://milwaukee.about.com/od/sportsrecreationhealth/qt/FarmersMarkets.htm

And for our Chicago readers, follow this one: http://chicago.about.com/od/artsculture/a/downtownfarmers.htm

And for everyone else, it's a Google World. Find your local farmers market! You'll nourish your body, and your local economy!

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!