Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

May 31, 2009

THE YUMMY BIRTHDAY

Another thing I LOVE about birthdays is the desire that others have to feed me. Yes, Michael loves to eat. This year Cherrie took me for lunch at the Third Ward Caffe where we dined on yummy roast beef paninis, and salads tossed with dried Door County cherries and gorgonzola dressing. Then John Malinger treated me to a scrumptious dinner at Crazy Water. From the "beet-tini" to the braised pork shoulder with prunes and apricots, I was in sensory overload.

The next day my dear friend Pamela Anderson prepared for me a special lunch. She dished up the most delicious pulled pork sandwiches I think I've ever had that were topped off with a homemade slaw and served with sweet potato oven fries, and fresh watermelon. The meal's crowning moment came when the glorious rhubarb custard pie was served. Pie vs. cake? I'll take the pie any day.

I have to tell you that while I devoured all of these tasty morsels with pure pleasure, it was the intent of those behind them that brought me the most pleasure, and truly satisfied my appetite. I love great food. Birthdays are a blast. And I am blessed with the most outrageously wonderful friends. Pamela's recipe for the pie is now posted in Our Recipe Box, link on the right!

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!