Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

April 10, 2009

THE R&R REPORT: WHITE ATTIC


White Attic
5225 North Clark Street
Chicago, Illinois 60640
773.907.9800

and

1842 North Damen
Chicago, Illinois 60647
773.252.8844

The day after I moved into my first Chicago apartment, I went for an exploratory walk down Clark Street to see what Andersonville was all about. I was instantly charmed when I walked into White Attic, which had only been open 6 months. As I was soaking up all the eye candy, the gracious proprietor, Terry Ledford, introduced himself to me and welcomed me to the neighborhood. With unlimited funds, I could have cleaned out the entire joint that day, and re-furnished my new digs from stem to sternum! Instead I bought my first Voluspa candle.
I'm still hooked on them....

I'm thrilled to announce that 4 years later, not only has White Attic thrived in tough economic times, but Terry opened his 2nd location in Bucktown back last November. It's not at all surprising to me though. Terry has a keen eye for mixing the classics in a FRESH way, and is always on top , if not ahead of color trends. That being said, White Attic isn't trendy. It's simply full of smart and fabulous furnishings and accessories. It's always been his goal to to offer affordable pieces that will make your house a home.
I guess that's the key to his success.
And success couldn't have found a nicer guy.


The Lamp Bar was conceived so that his customers could create their own "perfect lamp". There are 17 ceramic bases, available in 30 different colors, 5 shade sizes, and close to 100 fabric shade options. Want a red lamp? A blue lamp with a chocolate shade? They can do that for you! Each lamp is manufactured in the U.S.A. and made to order in approximately 8 weeks. Pricing includes the base and the shade, all custom options, and shipping anywhere in the country.



White Attic offers refinished vintage furniture from the early 1900's to the 1960's. Each piece is hand-selected by Terry, and refinished by the team using low VOC paints and varnishes. Colors are updated seasonally.


Through the years the design concept of "re-inventing" vintage furniture has evolved to include painted furniture as well as naturally finished wood pieces. In both stores you'll find some pieces completely painted, some partially painted, and some with all natural finishes.





For more information on White Attic, visit the website
By CLICKING HERE: www.thewhiteattic.com

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!