Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

March 18, 2009

BEE OUR GUEST #3: PAMELA ANDERSON

Google the name PAMELA. It's origin is Greek, and depending on the source of definition, you'll find it's meaning to be 'Honey", "Honeyed" "Made from honey", or "All things honey".

She was destined to Bee Our Guest...

I first met this vivacious bee 8 years ago when her then boyfriend [now fiance] Steven brought her into my then retail shop Transformations to meet me...and do a little shopping! Her retail venture THE UNDERWOOD GALLERY was just a yearling way back then, and we bonded over a love for great art, delicious food, and the trials and triumphs of being shopkeepers.

Speaking of shopkeeping. I can tell you from my own experience that while it can be very rewarding, it's often ALL consuming. And yet this outrageously talented woman manages to also be a mother, a painter, an art community organizer, and a master gardener.

Did I mention she's no slouch in the kitchen?

When I stopped by the gallery this afternoon she was up to her usual high-octane juggling act of helping customers, answering phones, getting promotions cemented for the up-coming Westside Artwalk, and counseling her son on prospective employment. She was also starving [Who has time for lunch?] so I sprinted over to nearby Le Reve for crepes poulet and 2 cafe au lait. When I returned with our goodies, she sat down, reveled in her yummy crepes with great enthusiasm, and asked me if I was following the TV show Wisconsin Foodie...


The Greeks nailed it. All things are more delicious when the recipe calls for a little PAMELA...

MPM: I know that these days your subject matter for painting is "abstract", but where do your inspirations come from? What other art forms [other than painting] do you enjoy?

PA: I am enjoying painting in the abstract expressionist style. I define myself through my painting. I draw from my surroundings, experiences and environment when I create. Emotion comes out in my colors and the composition directly relates to my interpretation, and culmination of my emotion onto the canvas. I enjoy all forms of art....some of my real passions are art glass, photography and sculpture. I am really drawn to all forms of great design.

MPM: Your goal as a gallery owner is very specific. Tell our readers a bit more about it.

PA: I started my Gallery to promote specifically American craft and fine art. I also enjoy working and helping artists market themselves. Often an artist doesn't know anything about promoting themselves and unless they like doing this, they will often go unnoticed....they could be the most gifted artist and may never be seen because they don't put themselves out there. I love helping them with this if they allow it, because it the most amazing feeling to see someone come into their own and experience success!

MPM: Your kitchen was purposely re-designed for two. Tell me about spending time in the kitchen with Mr. Steve Kaishian.

PA: Cooking is art to Steven and I. We can spend hours poring over cookbooks and putting menus together. We enjoy experimenting with flavor, trying ingredients in new ways....and I am in charge of the presentation. I love putting the "art of food" onto the plate! We love cooking in the kitchen together! Steven enjoys doing the entrees and appetizers...I love doing the salads and desserts. The finishing touches are the wine, ambiance and of course great guests to share it with.

MPM: I know your angels are important to you....

PA: I have many angels...my 3 sons are my angels...and of course my two furry children, the cats! Picasso and Kismet. My Steven is amazing. As is my host of angel friends. I cannot share enough time with all of the people in my life who mean so much to me. I get much joy from life, spending it with those I love.

MPM: You lead a VERY full life. Does Pamela relax?

PA: I relax more than I used to. Most of the time I am trying to figure out how I can cram more living into my too short days!! But yes...I do relax. I enjoy reading, having a glass of wine with friends. And as we already mentioned I love to entertain. When I can find the quality time, for all of my passions, painting, gardening and cooking; those are actually the things that relax me. If I am ever having a bad day...I can get into the kitchen and cook or bake and all of my cares melt away.

MPM: Okay girl, give me 5 things you can't live without!

PA: My loved ones... family, and my friends. My cats...Picasso and Kismet. Art....All art, visual and music.My garden....and all the nature in it! Fabulous food and wine...and great conversation. Ok...I guess that's more than 5 things but I have still more! I only wish I had more hours in my days to live it up even more!

To See Pamela's Paintings, Visit Her Website By
CLICKING HERE: http://www.paintmysky.com/

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!