Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

February 2, 2009

Kicking Butts Part 2: Smoking Gun Vs. Non-Smoking Gun


I've been feeling puny ever since I returned from Chicago. Never one to let illnesses get in the way of my nicotine addiction, I usually manage to continue smoking right through them... So despite the fact that I may have recovered a little sooner if I'd laid off them for a few days, I believe I smoked a little more than usual this week. Probably because I knew my quit day was right around the corner!

When I awoke on Sunday morning ( the first of February ), I still had 3/4 of a pack left, and in these tough economic times, it seemed like a grotesque waste of hard-earned money to throw them out. But by this morning, I was mentally locked & loaded to put on my first patch.

I'm starting with the strongest patch (Walgreen's version), and so far have no desire to use foul language around complete strangers, or tear my house apart looking for that pack of cigarettes I misplaced somewhere last week. I'm drinking lots of water today, and chewing successive pieces of Eclipse/Spearmint gum. How about you? Is anyone else quitting with me?

1 comment:

My Life said...

Good for you Michael. Now that i'm watching your updates you are being held accountable. You can do this!

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!