Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

January 23, 2009

Kicking Butts Part One: Smoking is NOT Sexy


We all know that smoking is a filthy disgusting habit, so I won't bore you with allot of propaganda about how smoking ruins your life. If your a smoker, and you haven't figured it out yet that it makes everything in your life stink, and is likely to shave many years off your LIFE ( in sometimes really horrible ways ), then your in complete denial.


I on the other hand, have always been aware of the aforementioned.
And yet, I too am a smoker.
People always say to me, "You smoke, really? I would have never pegged you for a smoker".
Like being a smoker somehow is a habit reserved for the un-savory types who prey on little children, or who are permanently fused to a bar stool.


I managed to quit in 1999 for 3 1/2 years, but then I had ONE.
Since then I've probably attempted to quit 2 dozen times.
For as little as a week, and as long as 8 months. But I want off the rollercoaster.
Off the stick, if you will. Because in addition to everything else that's wrong with it,

SMOKING IS NOT SEXY!!!




Have you ever been flirting with someone in a bar or at a party, only to see the look of intense disappointment in their eyes when they see you light up?

Well it's happened to me, and I swear I might as well have wrapped my lips around a tail pipe.

So in short, I'm ready to do it.
I've already bought my first box of patches, and have start date of February 1st.


I'm ready to toss out my nasty ashtray, and my banished moments outside in the cold, huddled at the curb with all the other dirty little smokers...and consequently, be a little sexier!
NOT TO MENTION HEALTHIER!
Besides. How can I be a killer bee, if I'm killing myself?

If you've been considering kicking the habit yourself, I encourage you to do it with me.
After all, there's no time like the present! Feel free to leave comments, and let me know how you're going about it, and what little tricks you may be employing to help yourself do it.
Let's bring sexy back!

2 comments:

pamela said...

Michael hon....I love these blogs.
Of course I am somewhat partial..my name being "Pamela" which means "all honey" from the Greeks. So I think I will be a natural wannabee.

Very proud of you for kicking the habit. You can do it...just remember the look on that persons face every time you think about lighting up. You are a sexy thing and the nasty habit does not fit. Looking forward to following your success.

Anonymous said...

Eventually I will kick this awfull habit too!!

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!