Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

January 21, 2009

Aretha's Hat





My week in Chicago can be summed up in two simple words: Alcohol consumption.


For the curious, I was doing visual work for my friend Ken Ludwig's home furnishings showroom on the front end of the trip, and then helped work the trade show we'd been preparing for on the back end of it. With the economy being what it is, no one expected a huge attendance.


And there wasn't. So we drank. Allot...

My friend Bryon Stewart was sweet enough to lend me his sofa for the week, and Mimi provided all the Potato Chip Cookies a boy could eat ( recipe coming soon! ).

On my last night in town, Bryon, Kassondra Granger, and I stopped into this quaint neighborhood pub called F. O'Mahoney's for (what else) cocktails and a bite to eat. Bryon didn't make it too far past dinner, but Kassondra and I stayed for trivia.


Everyone had to name their team, and Kassondra and I became what else, but The Killer Bees.
In a nutshell, we sucked it so hard, we ended up taking home the prize for LOWEST score. Our prize?
A VHS copy of "Babe:Pig In The City"
I think I've rarely laughed so hard in my entire life.

And besides, on the heels of the most exciting inauguration in the history of our great country, it seemed most appropriate that the team "Aretha's Hat" should take the evening, with their near perfect score. Other teams included "Penetration Nation", and "Impeach Dick Cheney on War Crimes". Not that anyone pays attention to politics in Illinois... -

Troupers that we are, Kassondra and I took our golden prize to The Closet for a nightcap,and stayed till 4...

And the picture at top? That's photo-documented proof that after ending up with 2 flat tires on the first day of show, Ken Ludwig took public transportation to The Merchandise Mart.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSo9bc4ZepU

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know it is hard to believe....but YES, Ken Ludwig took the bus ! It was a great time and I am exploring doing it more often. The Rover could probably use a little rest. Keep up the great work Killer Bee Michael....

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!