Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

January 1, 2009

Are You Resolute?


Some people make New Year's resolutions.

Others abhor the idea, asking "Why wait until a certain day
to make changes I can make now"?

Well the psychology behind it is pretty obvious, and it works for me.

I usually make a pretty basic resolution.
Like vow to take off the same freakin 10lbs I managed to loose between
last January and May, only to have gained back again between October and December!
And while I indeed need to face the knife and fork once again,
this year I'm making a resolution that's a little more practical for the soul...

On Christmas at Cherrie's, she shared a wonderful
quote with everyone,
that I'd like to share now with all of you:
"By cultivating attitudes of friendliness toward the happy, compassion for the
unhappy, delight in the virtuous, and disregard for the wicked-
the mind-stuff retains it's undisturbed calmness".
Patanjali, The Book of Sutras

In this New Year, with a New President, and a feeling of New Hope,
this quote seems like an appropriate mantra for a New Era...
Oh, I do have a couple more resolutions.
Like keep in better touch with friends I've been neglecting.
And a big one that's well, a bit more of a cross to bear.
But more on that later in the month!
In the meantime, Happy New Year to all.
And whether you have made resolutions or not, may you keep
your mind-stuff CALM!!!
Michael

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!